I just published Episode 100 of my podcast, Marketing Without the Marketing. It’s entitled, “I Am Not Special,” because you can do it too. Whether you want to produce a podcast, blog, a set of videos, or anything else that supports your business – success is available to you. The rules have changed, and now anyone can connect with an audience directly and earn their trust little by little.
But also, my 100th episode serves as yet more proof that content marketing works. Publishing this podcast supports my business, and has brought me opportunities that I couldn’t have imagined when I started 2 years ago. I want to teach you how to do it too.
If your business is writing, playing music, or visual art – here’s your chance to get some free live help from me and music industry expert Dave Kusek. As a part of our launch for CreateBiz, Dave and I are conducting two live “Master Class” sessions this week. Please join us and let us show you how to build and connect with an audience around your creative work.
FREE MASTER CLASS: >> Content Marketing for Creatives
- What is content marketing as it relates to writers and other artists?
- How to get your content marketing engine set up and cranking.
- How to build and connect with an audience around your creative work.
- How CreateBiz can help you reach your goals.
I look at my job as teaching, whether it’s in the classroom, with my clients, or in my podcast & blog. Why? And more importantly, what does that mean to you and your content strategy?
- Content strategy is teaching. When you educate your customers, you can lead them to better, more informed purchasing decisions. Plus, it positions you as the expert. Guess who they will come to when it’s time to pay for a solution? You! Learn how to do this here: Producing Content to Educate Your Customers.
- Content strategy is about creating a resource. That makes it worth putting in the effort, even if no one shows up (and when you’re getting started, trust me – no one will show up). It takes time to get things cranking. And at some point, maybe you can even level up and turn your blog or podcast into an online course. Here’s how to do that: Repurposing Content to Create an Online Course.
Looking Ahead to Episode 101
Next week, I’m getting back to my series: What Content Strategy Teaches You About Business: Counterintuitive Lessons from Mentors and Mistakes. I finished Unit 1 a few weeks ago, and will be starting with Unit 2 next week: The New Marketing & Sales: How to attract customers and earn their business.
Subscribe here (and select podcast / every new post) if you’d like you be notified as soon as new episodes are published!