I am a songwriter and performing artist in Boston, MA. I write and perform original songs in two formats: Solo and Band. See videos below for a sample of each format. I have two hours of original material in each format.
Solo Format: Michael Boezi
- Format: Guitar & voice; busking, Billy Bragg style. I can also pull together a small combo for low-volume venues.
- Description: Electric folk, songs are topical and current, covering current challenges in our culture.
I perform regularly in the metro Boston area, including a monthly residency at The Square Root in Roslindale, MA called the Songwriter Showcase Series. Each night I perform a solo set and then invited a featured guest songwriter to perform a full set as well. It’s stripped down so that the spotlight remains on the songwriting.
This is a sample of my live sound, even though it’s recorded in my attic studio:
And another called “Empires Fall” from a recent solo show:
MORE PERFORMANCE SAMPLES
In addition to live shows, I’ve been producing a series of “process shots” to pull back the curtain on my songwriting.
NEW RELEASES: MONTHLY SINGLES
I’m actively releasing new music with a string of new singles inspired by our current collective feelings of frustration and fatigue. I’m trying to put out a new song every month, but we’ll see if I can keep up that pace.
BIO: SHORT, LOCAL
Michael Boezi is a songwriter who performs original songs about current challenges in the culture in a busking, Billy Bragg style. He is also guitarist/writer in The Rockmores, a local power-pop quartet.
He hosts a monthly residency at The Square Root in Roslindale called the Songwriter Showcase Series, featuring an invited guest songwriter/performer curated from the diverse creative talent we have here in the local Boston music scene – some of the best and/or most promising local songwriters.
Michael’s music has drawn comparisons to Billy Bragg, Johnny Marr, Eels, Shins, Lord Huron, Andrew Bird, Elvis Costello, R.E.M., Squeeze, and Jason Mraz.
Band Format: The Rockmores
- Format: Four-piece; drums, bass, guitar, and lead vocalist. Power pop with catchy hooks and vocal harmonies.
- Description: Strong lead vocalist, tight arrangements. Songs about current topics, technology, and relationships.
Here’s a good representation of our live sound in a low-key, reduced volume venue.
- See more videos: The Social Distancing Sessions
- See full press kit: https://therockmores.com/press-kit
Get in Touch
For booking & other inquiries, email me directly:
Get infrequent updates when you join my personal mailing list.